Discover our Spinex, the new solution to furl and unfurl asymmetric spinnakers.
Thanks to the integration of the Sail Bearing Technology developped by Profurl, with a Spinex system you will be able to operate easily and safely your asymmetric spinnaker.
ADVANTAGES TO USING SPINEX
SAIL BEARING TECHNOLOGY: EFFICIENT, RELIABLE FURLING
Problem: Because asymmetric spinnaker cloth is both light and fragile, the anti-twist cable has a tendency to damage it. Also, the cable spins faster than the sail during furling which means the latter sometimes jams. Profurl solution: Sail Bearing Technology comprises high-density spheres that spin freely around the anti-twist cable in order to protect the sail from the cable. Sail Bearing Technology allows you to:
• keep the sail away from the cable
• stop reverse furling, which causes the sail to jam
• reduce wear of the sailcloth
• make furling easier and faster because it has a greater diameter
than the cable on its own
A COMPLETE SYSTEM READY TO USE
• SPINEX comes with drum, swivel, cable, end fittings, tack swivel, etc.
• Except for the length of the cable, SPINEX is ready to fit and ready to use out of the box.
MULTI-PURPOSE and adaptable
• Remove the tack swivel and turn your SPINEX into a NEX ready to use with gennakers and code zeros.
• Profurl’s SPIN KIT fits on NEX furlers.
• Compatible with NEX technology, such as I-Connect, Safe System, etc.
• Improved safety when worked from the cockpit or short-handed.
• Requires little storage space.
• System compatible with all types of asymmetric spinnakers.
Nex spool and swivel
Anti-twist cable with spheres
Working load :
Type of sails :
Lower terminal :
Clevis snap shackle
Upper terminal :
HR D shackle
Anti twist torque rope Ø :
max 9.5 mm (3/8'')
Continuous line Ø :
Maintenance free systems sealed in grease bath (except the NEX 0.9)
Specific coating to ensure longer product life
Wichard clevis pin snap shackle forged in High Resistance stainless steel (17/4 PH)
Wichard shackle forged in High Resistance stainless steel (17/4 PH)